These scones are flaky, flavorful, easy to make, and delicious! You will love the zesty and flakey dough. The tasty burst of sweet blueberries complement the scone dough. Don’t forget the tasty and sweet glaze that should top off every scone! These scones are definitely better than bakery scones! I hope you enjoy this new and improved scone recipe!
I’ve heard many complaint about scones. They can be dry. They can be flavorless. They can be icky. They can taste like cardboard. But wait until you try these scones. Scones have quickly become a favorite in our home. Not only are they easy to make, but they also result in flaky, soft, crispy, sweet, and delicious scones.
You will love this pastry perfection!
On this blog I have shared many recipe. Whether it’s orange cranberry scones, donuts, chocolate chip cookies, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, or even chocolate muffins. But now it is time for a tasty, vintage, and easy classic: LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES!
These Scones Have:
- The most butter texture
- Crumbly edges
- Sweet, soft, and flaky center
- Popping, tangy, and juicy blueberries
- Tasty icing!
An important part of this recipe is having cold ingredients. The cold ingredients are what keep the scones flaky, sweet, and soft. For this recipe you need to make sure to use very cold butter, or even frozen butter
Watch the Video for a Visual:
This video shows the process for making Orange Cranberry Scones. though it is a different scone recipe, the method is the same.
Making the Scones
These scones come together quickly and easily. You will be surprised to see how easy they are to make. In a bowl you mix all of the dry ingredients together (including the sugar). In a separate bowl you combine all of the cold, wet ingredients. To the dries you will need to add the butter. With your hands rub the butter into the flour until it forms a powder.
Make sure you work quickly to keep your ingredients cold. After adding the butter, you can add the wet ingredients, blueberries, and a bit more flour. Mix until it forms a dough.
After forming the dough, roll it into a disk that is about an inch thick. Slice the disk into 8 equal triangles. Bake, and enjoy!!
These scones taste amazing straight out of the oven, but you can also add the icing. The icing triple into the cracks and add so much more sweetness, flavor, and texture! Dusting the scones with sugar also makes them taste amazing!
I hope you enjoy this new recipe. Make sure to check out my other Orange Cranberry Scone recipe.
Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cubed butter cold
- 1/2 cup Milk +1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tsp vanilla extracts
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries if frozen: do NOT thaw.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice or lemon juice
- Begin by prepping a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined. Add in your cold butter and zest, and use your fingers to rub the butterand zest into the flour. It should form a course powder with very few pea sized lumps.
- In another bowl combine your milk, vinegar, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
- The the powder, add in your blueberries and give them a stir to coat with the powder. Add in your wet ingredients. Gently stir wuntil it forms a dough. Add flour as needed.
- Once it forms a dough, roll it into a disk that is about an inch thick. Slice the disk into 8 triangles (as shown in the video). After that, seperate the triangles and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- After refridgerating, you should brush the scones with milk, and sprinkle them with course sugar. (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C and bake for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown. Drizzled some glazed when they are fresh out of the oven. Cool and Enjoy!