These air fryer donuts are extremely easy to make. They hardly require much effort and leave you with a satisfying, and fluffy donut. You will love the sweet and complimentary frosting, paired with the fluffy dough. Not only are these donuts easily made in the air fryer, but they are also healthier than any other recipe you would fine. Delicious!
The Best Air Fryer Donuts
Not only are these easy and healthy, but they are also extremely fluffy. You will not believe how easy these are to make in the air fryer. The fluffy base dough is paired with a sweet glaze that just melts in your mouth! How tasty!
These donuts are easily made in the air fryer. This not only makes it much healthier, but also yield amazing results. They are just as fluffy as deep fried donuts. Do-nut worry, these donuts are still crispy, fluffy and moist.
This dough can easily be made in a stand mixer. It should feel soft and pliable, but not sticky. Make sure not to over beat your dough, or you may end up with a very tough donut. The dough easily comes together with the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients. All together the dough may take about 1+ hours to rise.
Although I haven’t tried it, I am sure that you can choose to deep fry your donuts. Simply heat up your oil and fry on easy side until it is a very light golden.
With this recipe I share 2 different glaze recipes (each can cover about half your donuts, so make sure to double if you only want one flavor.)
I have shared with you a Nutella chocolate glaze (my personal favorite) and a classic vanilla sugar glaze! Both frosting are delicious!
In an airtight contour in the fridge for up to 3 days maximum.
Easy Air Fryer Donuts
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2¼ teaspoons dry active yeast
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- In large bowl, combine your warm milk, water and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes to foam up.
- While your yeast mixture froths, combine your flour, salt, melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla into your stand mixer. After the mixture froths, add it in. Beat on medium-high (using a dough hook) for 5-10 minutes.
- In a lightly grease bowl, add in your dough and let it rise in a warm room.
- After it has risen, give it about 3 ounches to release some built up air. Roll it out to about 1/2 an inch those and cut the donut in 4 in circles. The hole should be cut out in a 1 in circle. Lay out your doughnuts and doughnut holes, cover them, and se aside for 30 minutes.
- Turn the Air Fryer on 400F or 200C on the Bake setting. Place aboyr 4 doughnuts at a time and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- While the donuts cook, to make the chocolate glaze simply combine all ingredients into a bowl
- The make the classic glaze simply combine all ingredeints in a bowl.
- While the donuts are still hot, dip them into the frosting and add srinkles/ topping of choice. Cool for are long as you would like.
- Reheat for 1 minute on 200F or 100C in air fryer or for 20 seconds in the microwave.