This sweet and savory dinner in my new favorite! All it takes is dumping everything into a pumpkin…and wallah! It’s an amazing combination of sweet and savory. It overflows with a soft and savory rice, and has a sweet and melty lamb shank that completes the look. You can’t believe how amazing this tastes!
This gooey pumpkin is stuffed with the most delicious stuffing. It’s perfect for thanksgiving, fall, winter, or even halloween.
-Carve up your pumpkin and remove all of the seeds.
-Salt the interior of your pumpkin and brush it with olive oil.
-Partially cook your rice, meat, peas, and carrots.
-Combine all and add into the pumpkin.
-Add your stuffing into the pumpkin
-Cook for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
-Add additional beef shanks.
The Best Stuffed Pumpkin
- 12 pd All-purpose pumpkin Carved, emptied
- 2 cups small grain rice Partially Cooked
- 1 cup long grain rice partially cooked
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots sautéed
- 1 pd ground beef partially cooked
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a large pan.
- Coat the interior of your gutted pumpkin with oil and salt.
- In a pan, combine your beef, rice(s), and veggies. Stir to evenly distribute and season
- Pour into the pumpkin and set aside.
- Bake the pumpkin for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes or until the edges are brown and the pumpkin is cooked through.