The Best Cake Pop Recipe
Everybody loves cakepops! These are sweet, soft, easy to make, and super fun! I love cake pops at birthdays, back to school, graduations, anniversaries, and so much more! The flavor of the cake is a sweet and soft vanilla coated in a sweet and crunchy chocolate case. You can add so much fun to these with sprinkles, fruit, coloring, and more!!
These cake pops are completely homemade. There isn’t any fancy boxed cake mix, or canned frosting. It completely made from scratch. Trust me, these taste so much better than any other cake pop you’ve tried. They even beat the cake pops from my favorite coffee shop!!
The cake pops only take a pinch of effort, and a sprinkle of time! I love cake pops!!
Here are the easy steps: (Don’t worry; they are super short and simple.”
- Make the cake
- Make the frosting
- Melt some chocolate
- Cool the cake. Crumble it. (The cake is so moist, it doesn’t need frosting, however, if your cake isn’t moist enough to roll into a ball, add some butter cream.
- Dip in chocolate
Ta-da, and you’ve got cake pops!!
Making the cake and crumbling it is the easy part! The moisture can get a bit finicky, so if the cake is dry, add some vanilla buttercream!
The cake pops are dry after dipping within and hour or so, however, if you pop them into the fridge, you’ll get cake pops in 20 minutes!
- Never, and I repeat, Never, add too much frosting (if you need it). They’ll make the cake pops wet and greasy–BEWARE
- You can choose to chill your cake pops before dipping them
- Use a measuring glass to dip the balls
- Sprinkles add some fun color, crunch, and flavor. Who doesn’t love sprinkles?
I love cake pops! They are easy to make, don’t require much effort, are perfect for just about any occasion. And they are pretty awesome. Check out the easy recipe:
The Best Cake Pops
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extracts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate of choice
- 1/4 cup spinkles of choice
To Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and prep a muffin tin
- Whip the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a bowl until it forms a thick and fluffy paste. Add the flour, baking powder, and milk. Stir to combine
- Fill each muffin tin about 1/2 way. Bake for 20-23 minutes. After cooking the cupcakes, crumple them using a hand mixer until they are crumbs, If the vrumbs are dry, add some vanilla buttercream.
For the Frosting
- Melt 1 cup of white, dark, or milk chocolate. Set aside
The Cake Pops
- Roll the crumbled cake into spheres, each about 2 tbsp. Dip the balls into the frosting and roll them. Set aside. You can choose to lay the pops down, skewer them into a box, or into foam. Sprinkle with sprinkles while the chocolate it wet. Repeat. Let the cake pops harden at room temperture for 1 hour, or in the fridge for 20 minutes.