Today is the first day my newly redesigned website is open to the world. For the full experience, check it out on a computer. Though you can certainly notice the difference between mobile and tablet!
I am thrilled to share all the new features with you. I took as many of your suggestions as I could and worked closely with an incredibly talented design and development team: Thank you Faisal for creating the website and Nada for our beautiful logo design!
Bake, eat, smile, repeat as you see today is still a work in progress. As my team and I work to continually add more features to this base design, please let me know if you notice anything super weird and wonky, and if you think My blog is missing something!
The goals of this website makeover were to (1) make finding recipes easier for you and (2) present my content in a new way
Here are some major changes you’ll notice:
- Full-width: I have 50 blog posts on my website, more are coming as I have just changed my website. WOW! You’ll notice that a few recipes are presented in a sparkly new full-width format and the majority of my recipes are in a traditional format with a fancy new sidebar. The new full-width format, seen on a computer, features artfully placed content that’s presented in a magazine-style design.
- Recipe search: Search functions are large and in charge. Front and center. This was your number 1 request!
- comments: Now my website is officially spam proofed comments will all be checked and moderated based on content
- Video section: A dedicated video section was another request and it’s still a work in progress. We’re continuing to add more videos as well as the recipe links. For now, you can just search for the recipe using the search bar!
- Special pages: You can easily find my monthly baking traditions right on the homepage. This was very important to me as tradition and baking go hand-in-hand. I wanted to spotlight these annual celebrations and now each has its own special page you can see them on my menu:
- Numnum’s Baking Challenges (for this month’s event)
- Posts: If you visit the recent posts page, which you can find linked on the homepage, you’ll see every single post on this website, divided up into multiple pages. They’re all there! If you want more just click older posts and more will pop up
I hope you enjoy browsing around the many other updates too!
STILL THE SAME
As always, you can expect free new content 1-2 times per week, photography, tested recipes, helpful baking tips, and video tutorials. The goal of this makeover wasn’t to mess with what works but to freshen things up so your experience is the best it can be.
It means so much to me that you visit my blog, trust my recipes, and take the time to interact with me both on my blog. Thank you so much for being part of this uplifting baking community!!