These cookies are chewy, buttery, crunchy, and flavorful! You can customize this recipe with any type of M&Ms that you enjoy! Everyone loves these chewy and flavorful cookies The M&Ms add a blast of color, texture, and flavor! Enjoy!
These cookies are the absolute perfect size! Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop for perfect circles and taste cookies!
The cookie dough is very soft. I recommend that you chill it for 1.5-2 hours for best results. Chilling will keep your cookies thick, soft, firm, and taste without thinning them out. It should also make the dough much more firm.
This is the secret to all my cookie recipes. Just a a tsp to any cookie recipe and you are guaranteed thickness!!
All about M&M cookies:
They should be:
- Texture: thick, soft, chewy, melty, and crunchy.
- Flavor: Buttery, sweet, and chocolatey.
- Ease: The dough should come together in about 5 minutes.
- Time: Baking and combining ingredients takes minimal time. What really takes patience is waiting for the dough to chill.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg +1 egg yolk (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch cornstarch.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes or until fully combined. Add in your egg. Beat for another minute.
- Add your wet mixture to your dries and fold the ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Add in your m&ms. Mix to combine. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
- After chilling the dough, Preheat the oven to 350F and prep two baking sheets. Roll the dough into 1.5 tbsp balls and place 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are firm. Cool for 10 minutes!