This is an easy and delicious recipe that yields 6 cupcakes and tastes delicious! You will love it!
This recipe yields perfect cupcakes and serves 4! It is perfect for small celebrations, or even just to enjoy your self!
What does it taste like?
- Flavor: These cupcakes are decadent. They are chocolaty and topped off with any frosting will taste great! I absolutely love these with some melted Nutella!
- Texture: These cupcakes are soft, rich and moist. Don’t over bake or over fill for perfect results
- Ease: The recipe is straight forward and easy for Both beginners and advanced bakers! It also requires no equipment, you can make these with a spoon!
- Time: This recipe takes about 1/2 an hour (no decoration)
- Equipment: Nothing except for a cupcake tin!
Details for perfection
This recipe is simple enough that it only requires one bowl! Here are a few things to note:
- The eggs can be cold
- you will need to sift the dry ingredients
- The batter will be semi thick
- Adding coffee granules only intensifies the chocolate flavor
Toppings and decor
I personally chose to use melted Nutella or hazelnut spread. It taste wonderful, looks great, and is easy to make.You can make a gnash frosting, whipped cream frosting, my fudgy frosting recipe, and so much more!
I decorated with pretty sprinkles from Wilton (not an affiliate link)
Small batch cupcakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extracts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a cupcake tin with 6 liners.
- A a small liquid measuring cup, add your milk and vinegar. Set it aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine your egg, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk until fully combined. Sift in you flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa, then add you milk. Whick until it forms a semi-thick batter.
- Fill the cupcake tins about 3/4 of the way and bake for 20-24 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.