These cakey, soft and decadent cookies are perfect with that fluffy marshmallow creme. Kids and adult love these delicious creations. You can find there at many supermarkets. But wait until you try the homemade version which is 20x better!!
What are whoopie pies?
Whoopie pies are soft, cake like, cookies that are normally the flavor of chocolate. You can find different customized flavors such as red velvet or ginger. The filling of a Whoopie pie is typically marshmallow creme. However, you can certainly enjoy this with buttercream, whipped cream, caramel and so much more. These actually remind me to “Twinkies”!
The perfect Whoopie Pie
These pies are surprisingly easy to make and are absolutely so delicious! They may deem difficult to make like macarons however, they are extremely easy. Here are a few things you need to know:
- The dough should be very sticky
- you need to use a cookie scoop
- any filling can be used
- you can add chocolate chips
This recipe guarantees you success, and it yields the perfect amount for a small family or small party
Is this cookie dough or cake batter? you would be surprised to hear that this dough is actually an extremely thick cake batter! That is typically why the cookies are soft and fluffy. Do not be afraid of spreading, if you follow this recipe then dough may be thick, but it leads to satisfactory results. Because of the loose dough, it may be difficult to get perfectly circle Whoopie pies. I recommend that you practice.
The filling for this recipe calls for marshmallow creme. You can use anything, from buttercream to cream cheese. I personally love whipped cream and marshmallow creme or meringue.
Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extracts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup marshmellow creme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and prep two large cookie pans.
- In a bowl, sift together your flour, baking soda, and cocoa.
- Beat your softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add your egg and vanilla.
- Add your drys and milk into the wets and fold together until fully combined.Scoop about 1.5 inches apart. I recommend using a medium cookie scoop or 1.5 tbsp scoop.Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool the cookies fully and add a tsp of marshmellow creme. Squish two cookies togther with filling in between. Enjoy!