That delicious, crispy exterior, and that absolutely perfect melt-in-your-mouth medium-well steak! Mmmm…who doesn’t love a good bbq? Delicious, buttery, cripsy. LITERALLY crunchiny on the outside and perfect on the inside. Check out my website for this new recipe using the low-and-slow bbq technique.
Why Low and Slow?
- Melty, buttery, and flavorful interior. (because no one likes that gritty loaf people claim is steak)
- Crispy, spiced exterior (Amaze yourself with the sweet flavor of seared steak)
- Even cooking
- Tender meat
How to go “low and slow” (the reverse sear method )
- Cook the meat
- sear it
Steak (Low-and-Slow/ Reverse Sear)
- 2 1 inch thick ribeye
- seasoning of choice (i.e., salt-pepper-garlic)
- Preheat the oven to 250 F and prep a large pan. make sure your ribeye is at room temperature, or let it sit out eith the spices of your choice for several hours. Let the steak bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is about 150 F.
- After the meat is cooked, sear it on both sides before wrapping it in foil along with butter. Let the steak rest for 15 minutes before digging in.
- The center should be tender, and the exterioir should be crispy and flavorful.