I love smoothie bowls! I have a few smoothie bowl recipes on Bake, Eat, Smile & Repeat but this one is amazing! It is creamy and will teach you how to make a perfectly smooth, fluffy and thick smoothie bowl!
An island getaway can instantly be recreated at home in a blender! Grab some delicious tropical fruits, creamy coconut milk, and yogurt for a healthy beverage. To make it even more convenient, I use frozen pineapple, mango, and strawberries to enjoy this smoothie whenever the craving hits.
This recipe tastes 10x better than ice cream and is just as creamy!! I know that you will love this tasty treat!
Tropical fruits are prized for their perfect balance of bold, sweet, tart, and juicy flavors. I chose five different ingredients that complement each other nicely for this beverage; pineapple, strawberry, mango, and banana. I use coconut cream and some milk for extra creaminess, however you could substitute it for orange juice which will add concentrated orange flavor.
Frozen or fresh?
In my smoothie bowls I like to use frozen ingredients, and a fresh banana for creaminess (the banana replaces about 1/4 of a cup of liquid and adds flavor, I recommend a ripe and fresh banana) I use coconut cream and some milk for more creaminess and tropical flavor. For best results please use frozen fruit and not fresh
Ways to customize this recipe
- Swap out the coconut milk for almond milk or your favorite dairy-free beverage.
- Add in passionfruit or guava for a burst of tropical flavors.
- Add in chia seeds or ground flaxseeds for extra fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Use a nut-based or dairy-free yogurts like almond, cashew, soy, or oat.
- Decorate this smoothie bowl with all of your favorite fruits, some granola, peanut butter and some honey!
How do I get a swirl in my blender
If your smoothie bowl is too this your blender can’t swirl, if it too thin it will not hold its swirl and melt. I recommend a strong blender for this step I use the kitchenaid k400 however something like a vitamix will work too.
Smoothie bowls are easy to make and I really hope you enjoy this recipe:
Mango Pineapple tropical smoothie bowl
- Strong blender
- 3 cups of frozen mango and pineapple
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 banana not frozen
- 1/2 cup milk any type
- 2 tbsp canned coconut cream only the thick part and not the water optional
- Combine all ingredients kin blender and blend until smooth and creamy with no chunks (and thick too)
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with some fruit, peanut butter and granola
- enjoy and eat right away